Applications for 2018-19 full course have closed
- We hope to run short weekend courses in the summer term (2019) and summer holidays
- Email email@example.com for more info
- Download the full YCP info pack 2018-2019
Full Course Workshop info:
- For ages 14-18 (we accept some composers aged 18/19 who are taking re-sits or a gap year)
- Meetings are once a month on a Sunday (October-March) 10am-4pm, at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, Birmingham City University, 200 Jennens Rd, Birmingham B4 7XR
- During the year you will have access to:
- One to one composing mentoring by Conservatoire composers
- Visiting guest professional composers and songwriters
- Your music and ideas performed live with instant feedback
- Some past experience of creating your own music is recommended but this can be through improvisation, songwriting, and sequencing software programmes such as logic, or Western classical notation.
- This year YCP will include non-western instruments into the ensemble. Learn more about a range of instruments from across the world, how they are played, how to compose for them, and how you can include them in your music to explore new possibilities and sounds. We may also run a conducting branch so please let us know if you are interested in this.