All our composing projects are FREE! (whoop whoop!)
Full Composing Scheme 2017-2018:
- This year YCP will focus on how composers work with other art forms such as film, acting, dance and poetry.
- Download the application form here: Application form 2017-2018
- Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for application will be 22nd September 2017
- During the year you will have access to:
- One to one composing mentoring by Conservatoire composers
- Visiting guest professional composers and songwriters
- Your music and ideas performed live with instant feedback
- For ages 14-18 (we accept composers aged 18/19 only if you are taking re-sits or a gap year, we can not offer a place to those continuing study at higher education or full-time employment)
- Some past experience of creating your own music is recommended (including through improvisation, songwriting, sequencing software programmes such as logic, or Western classical notation)
- Meetings are at Birmingham Conservatoire, 200 Jennens Rd, B4 7XR
For more info read our pack: YCP info pack 2017-2018
The Creative Weekends:
These take place at various points in the year and are for a larger group of students (ages 11-18) to work with musicians and composers at the Conservatoire. Unfortunately due to various reasons we can not hold a YCP Weekend this summer but we hope to be back up and running when the new Conservatoire Building is ready in September!
Past Creative Weekends include:
- New Voices – Composing for voice and choir using improvisation
- Composing for media – using Logic Pro
- Composing for ensemble
We have a dedicated team of composers trained to visit schools to deliver composing workshops with a Conservatoire instrumentalist. If you would like us to visit please contact us at email@example.com or use the contact form below.
Private Composing and Theory Tuition:
Birmingham Conservatoire have one of the largest composing departments in the UK. If you would like to receive composing tuition from a student or a consultation lessons from a Conservatoire tutor please contact us. If you are considering studying at the Conservatoire in the future get in touch with Joe Cutler: Joe.Cutler@bcu.ac.uk
Contact use here for more info: